Thursday, June 30, 2011

Purpose, what is it?

As I get my strength back I begin to adjust my sails. My heart (my vessel) is ready to move. I feel this storm, this Tiger brewing inside of me and I am seeking an outlet. Of course there are differences about me now and physical limitations but I pray they don't stay permanent. How do I at 33 readjust my sails and find a whole new passion or purpose? It's harder than you think. Maybe even a process that has been going on longer than i am consciously aware. I imagine this process might happen many times over a life span. I was reading this book, A Passionate Life a christian based book. It talked about finding your purpose and that we should take paper and write down what we are passionate about. The writer states to continue the list writing until you find the purpose that makes you cry or have some emotional connection. "Interesting", I thought. This list can take hours, maybe days but in the end it will be helpful. As I was making a small list in my head I kept thinking do I have enough life experience to recognize what I am passionate about? Do I expose myself to a variety of things to see myself within it? umm, probably not! The truth is I have a lot of passion and no real direction. I believe I could take just about anything and move mountains with it. I am on a quest and I would even take advice or direction to push me through this safety zone I am living in. In my 20's I took risks now in my 30's I find myself being to modest and to safe. "Practice will get you in the rhythm of walking". So get ready for my recital it will be -far out-.

No comments:

Post a Comment