Saturday, January 21, 2012

?who?

I just wanted to feel normal. I thought having years of history would allow me to lower my guard and step away from the disease the has overtaken my identity and life. It has been 1 years since we saw each other. He was never aware of the sufferings I endured. I now wonder did I say to much to help him be prepared or aware of who I am now.

My boys and I purchased salmon, shrimp and t-bone steak. asparagus being our side dish along with garlic bread. Mouth watering the meal planned for what I thought would be a special reunion. He was my last hope but yet again I found myself stood up and disappointed.

I recognized my time and attention should be more committed to my little men, so we hit the town. First arcade, next frozen yogurt ( yummy rebellion) last we finished the night off with bowling.

Since my diagnoses I find myself saying, " I can't" a lot. I find that Shakur is becoming a mirror image of who I am. I often lecture him to not adopt the " I can't" method yet I fail to set a good example. My kids need to be kids. Jaxson's only wish is for me to not have MS. I have to find a strength beyond my exterior to give my kids what they need. Sure the guy at the food counter gave me the eyes. It felt good to be looked at like that again but my focus is far from my needs but strictly to improve the quality of life for my children. The time I will have while they are still young.

When we have children I am sure most of us feel an undeniable sacrifice for our children. This drive or sacrifice allows me to see past my needs and empowers me to give my children all they might need for their development.

Challenging!! Yes, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment