Friday, May 6, 2011

Where am I?


Where am I right now? I feel in limbo..seeking purpose. I was always a career Mom. I liked having specific purpose and although it became exhausting with 2 kids it made me whole. Now that i am not working I find motivation and stamina a conflict. I get that my body is not 100% yet I want to function at 110%. What a conflict. Being forced to relax seems so foolish for me to feel this way. Have you ever sabotaged success because it is an unfamiliar place? Well that is where I am right now. I could work towards weight loss and improving my health: but NO my mind doesn't want that. I know if I work just a little a day towards my goal that fire with finally light inside of me. I feel every time I start something kicks me back down. There is success in overcoming those barriers but I just have to find the strength one more time. I am often inspired by those that surround me. I need to surround myself with strong, surviving women.

I have a son who treats me like I treated my Mom. He is only 7 so this should be fun. I can say humility and foot in my mouth. As I reflect on Mothers day I find that my heart needs to be softened. I have been asked to talk in church on Mothers Day. I suppose doing all the research got me thinking. I often dreaded the date because it caused me to reflect on my failures instead of my accomplishments. As I write my talk I figure I will speak to the women who might share my similar pain or those women who aren't yet Mothers. I understand being a Mother comes in all variations. Being a single parent there have been many that have helped me along the way. I will call on my Lord to guide me through these trying times. I am fortunate to have this opportunity to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment