Sunday, November 11, 2012

self...

As my friend Allison said " blogging for her was self-discovery". I remember when Alli and I reunited in California after years and years of not seeing each other. I remember her showing me her blog and how much of a release it was for her and she encouraged me to do the same. I was not computer or blog savvy and so her recommendation didn't come to life until years later.

I was always a journal writer but it usually was my struggles written down on paper. As I became comfortable with my single years I realized I was just a person who needed to release and then I felt better (good, bad or indifferent).

Before I was diagnosed with MS I began my spiritual journey and throughout this time of conversion I found the need to record it. I wanted my boys to read and understand me once they grew older. I wanted them to know my weaknesses and challenges but most importantly how I overcame each and every challenge. It is fun to look at my boys and see myself in each of them. The upside is I might be able to detect what their challenges might be and the downside is I might overcompensate their own little trials meant for them.

I began a blog when my hands became disabled and could no longer write. I had two strong fingers that allowed me to release my pain and confusion. All of this that I have gone through has been discovery and premium experience. I can finally say I can write again but prefer to Blog now and hopefully print this into a book for my babies. Can you imagine if we had some insight on our parents thoughts and journey's.

 I am in a good place now and I understand there is so much more to be revealed.

1 comment:

  1. Love your writing and beautifully written words. Having MS sucks. Not being able to write bites. But I love hearing a fellow warrior's perspective. :) thanks for sharing!! Kali

    ReplyDelete