Sunday, November 11, 2012

The few, the proud, and the complicated

Today I felt something so powerful and so magical. Truly I felt acknowledged by God. I have received so much strength through my trial of  M.S.  I often feel like I can do laps around my peers. Recently I have had some trials and surprisingly I found peace and strength to overcome each situation.
I am grateful for those who prepare their talks for church and the spirit leads them to touch lives; mine being one of them. An amazing musical number equal to opera brought me to tears today.

The election of 2012 just took place and for once in my 34 years I decided to be in tune with and learn as much as I could. I struggled to know my place in this world but when I found the party that was parallel to my needs, I found myself separated from a community I have always been apart of. When they say to vote, they say "vote for what is best for you". Soon after I wondered if it was a logical choice or a selfish choice. I had people namely my parents saying, "what about us and our retirement"? And I could not help but worry about each and every party involved. When is it our time in life that our choice is just that, "our choice". Many people had not done their own homework but parroted only what they had heard or come up with. I looked to so many conservatives to see "me" and then teach me but each one of them had an " I,I,I" outlook. When I spoke to many liberals or democrats they immediately gathered my info and told me what choice was best for me and why.

One Liberal in particular knew of my community and knew the outcome of my opposing decision but with encouragement, said "you can be the example". I suppose all my life I have stood out and chose differently; some choices good and some not so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment