Friday, November 26, 2010

Enjoy life, this is not a dress rehearsal


In the Gospel, Jesus was a man who never complained or griped but instead had deep wells of joy and peace flowing through Him. When we choose to live a life of gratitude, we not only begin to shine like Christ, but we also experience deep joy and peace about the circumstances of lives. And like Jesus, we learn to trust that God knows all the details of our lives and our needs and will meet them according to his perfect plan.
We are directed to believe in God, believe in his creations although we can not comprehend all things. We shall not suffer if we can just commit and submit ourselves. We must be patient and full of love. As I read Mosiah chapter 4:27 it speaks about having a house of order with wisdom. We shall not run faster than we have strength but we shall remain diligent and achieve the prize.
I tend to work past the state of exhaustion this leaving me half empty with the days following. Equally I want to serve each day this to me is a wise house of order.
We often conduct our lives with a long term plan yet we live in a world of short term ideals. These short term scenarios often redirect or cloud our long term progression. I have always been one to plan, plan, plan. Whether I was walking down the street and had a game plan on what to do if danger was near or planned out my kids 18 years of life I have found that just living for today, living with exactness and just trusting the Lord's will is what offers me peace of mind and the ability to just live.

"Joy is not in things; it is in us"

No comments:

Post a Comment