Saturday, December 4, 2010

14 hours..yowzers


-14 hours- I just spent the last 14 hours sleeping. Call me lazy but a moms got to do what a moms got to do. Luckily I have a patient, self sufficient son who enjoys the quiet sleeping moments also. Shakur was always my cuddle bug as a baby. He would lay in bed with me all day as long as he was just with me. So this morning or nearly this afternoon I wake to him watching the old classic Christmas cartoons and chomping on cereal. As I got up and realized the time he says " I got a good nights sleep Mom". I am sure he slept pretty late himself. My back doesn't like me to sleep more than 8 hours so i was in a lot of pain. Shakur did the honors of walking and sitting on my back to relieve some pain. I laid over my chase lounge and finally got it to pop.
So what is it we will do with the rest of our day. Originally Shakur said he wants to sit in his undies all day and watch movies but then he got a little creative and made Granny a Christmas tree for her house. His great-grandparents are older and all they really have is Shakur so they don't do a whole lot of celebrating (they are in their late 70's). So he made them a tree to put up in their home along with a wreath he gave them already. So now he decided to get dressed and go run wild in the neighborhood. As for me I would love to just lay here and watch movies but I have to pack, pack, pack. We are getting ready to move. I am sad because we have really loved this house and the boys neighborhood friends. This neighborhood was safe for the boys to run off and play especially the neighborhood park behind us that really only my kids utilized and their friends Matthew and Sir 2 little boys who were polite, well behaved and had manners. So once again we set our sails and look forward to the road in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment