Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Simply Simple, right?


It's simple right? Remember this, you must be a master of task management. -Sacrifice- is first nature to you. You have to allow luxury to be the thing of the past or hopefully the future. Although you manage life with 2 arms and 2 legs you have to somehow make it appear as if you had 10 of each. Elementary school is something you will have to repeat maybe a few times over. You get the opportunity to not only brush 20 of your own teeth but many more with out having the title of Doctor. Many tasks of such unique human order has been documented, congratulated and a lot of times forgotten. We live a life of rush, rush, rush and then we realize sometimes after the fact or maybe when it is to late how we should have carefully taken each task as a marvelous mission in life.



"A mother is she who can take the place of all others
but whose place no one else can take."
-- Cardinal Mermillod

I smile when I think about Cat in the Hat along with Thing 1 and Thing 2 maybe even inspector gadget (go-go gadget arms). I only wish my day could begin like many of those stories; wait it does. If only I had their magic at the end of the day to whip everything back into shape. I dream of Jeannie, really I do. Fold my arms and blink my eyes , these should be added to God's world of love and mystery. To bad there isn't extra-credit or a bonus round where we could earn such things.

For now I find comfort in my kids arms. I tend to get separation anxiety if they are not by my side. Perfection- is the mirage in my mind so I will just wait until they are gone to keep my house the way I would love for it to be. I won't pass up their goofy dance competitions or their back seat conversation of girlfriends at age 6 and 8. Their uncontrollable laughter when making quality 3rd grade jokes. The way their eyes connect with mine and simply, most preciously they confess their love for me.

Will I ever have a greater title that pulls me to shreds but overflows me in the end? Probably not. So I am nestling in here for now and taking each day with a spoon full of sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment