Friday, January 7, 2011

I lost 14 pounds!


I arrive early for my appointment and sit patiently.. wait a minute is that why they call us patients cause patiently we wait to see the one man who is the driver of our engine-less carriage. Well my cargo is precious and my doctor rocks so I didn't think about it really. My doctor's office plays this snazzy video with lots and lots of information and recipe ideas so I was fixated on that for a while.

In the past few days I am working on my "House of Order Project". House of order is just that; a house of order set to relieve me from the hustle and bustle that breaks me physically. Knowing that I have MS now there will be a lot of times I might need to ask for help. I have to know where in my lovely chaotic schedule I could use the help. Prior to this I still struggled with physical setbacks and life was such a clutter even if I asked for help I couldn't tell you where I needed it.

OK so now it's getting late and they haven't called me back so I start going through my Mommy list. The To do list is swirling around in my head offering me some anxiety because it's pushing 7 p.m. Yes, I know a very late doctor's appointment but no complaints coming from me because this way I don't have to take time off work (that's another challenge). Mind you tonight was the night to start our strict bedtime. Looks like once again we role with the punches and try again the next day. I will share with you my Mommy list as I processed it.

Read and say spelling words, write 10 sentences (1st grader), read for at least 20 minutes, write rhyming words then give Jaxson some one on one homework focus, feed the dog, baths, prep for morning departure geez I hope Mom fed them, oh the dog --the dog has been there all day I hope she is behaving.. crossing fingers don't let me come home to a mess, our nightly dog run she is really gonna need it after being home all day.. It's 7 now and bedtime is 9 argghhh guess we get to start tomorrow for the strict bed time.

My breathing has probably escalated at this point so I text to relieve some thought. Talking to Steph about a nice set of knives and a food processor. Ahhh that makes me happy. Steph loves everything wonderful and she has a way to excite you about the darndest things just in the moment. (my brother did good) "Aimee", they call. As we walk down the "hall of shame", I call it that cause it leads to the scale; I feel anxiety again. Steroids are my friend but they don't make me look or feel pretty. I am swollen all over and if you stick a pin in me I might pop. Now the moment of shame.

Side thought for those that don't know me: I was always the thickest of my sisters, built Ford tough. Let's say Ihad a small complex mostly about my legs but although I was " thick" I still felt sexy and rocked every bit of it. Thyroid issues has helped me pack on 40 pounds in less than 1 year -->more like 6 months so now I am feeling a little bit more insecure.

Back to the moment of shame .. dunt dun dun... I have managed to stay around 213 lbs since the thyroid ablation, anything over 215 makes me mad mad mad. So here we are the beloved scale, wishing I could refuse I STEP ON and at this point my eyes almost pop out of my head. 227, REALLY, SERIOUSLY WHY ME!

My mind runs wild.! here I will share!. Holy hell that is nearly 50 lbs from my average weight, that will take years, at risk for diabetes oh geez one more health problem, bury me just bury me now, I can barely reach my toes now this weight feels like its being painted on. Is this the end of packing on lbs or are they going to keep adding up. My chair at work holy poop I wont fit. My kids; how will I take care of them. I cant move in this body.. its not mine

"Have a seat the doctor will be right in", she says. Right in!, are you kidding me. 30 minutes I laid there crying. When the doctor arrives I say " Please don't ever leave me with my thoughts for so long again". My doctor is an old high school mate which bring me comfort, I trust him. Let's just say this appointment was more of a therapy session than anything. So I have a ton of water weight -so what- it will go away. Just have to ride this one out. (eyes rolling dramatically)
So here's the catch that night I lost 14 lbs. How! you ask. I have angels.. yep me.

I arrived at my parents house at 8:30 pm. Exhausted? absolutely. I walked in the door and barked " did you do your homework". See with Jaxson that is possible with Shakur it's a 2 hour event with an adult or big brother present. My Father picked Jaxson up from school and Shakur from Granny's for me then drove them to scouts and also picked them up. That was more help than anything mother could ask for. It doesn't stop there my Mom then steps in and cooks them a warm dinner -sloppy joes- and helps them to finish the homework. A tear is running down my eye as I tell you this. That 14lbs was lost the minute my parents stepped up to help. That night weighed more than 14 lbs to me but due to 2 amazing individuals I was lighter than ever. I am grateful for a loving, compassionate and serving parents. I am grateful I got to experience the other end of their love that night.

Looking for way's to lose Holiday weight gain? Look to God he will point you in the right direction.

Service each day keeps the pounds away

2 comments:

  1. I sure love your parents, and I sure do love you Aimee. I'm so proud of you. I'm so darn proud to be able to be a part of your life. You inspire me. You do!

    Now, to get back to the serious part, HOW THE HECK CAN I LOSE 14 LBS OVERNIGHT?! Please share this secret. Actually, I'll probably lose that the day I have this baby, but I don't want to wait. Oh and btw, I think I gained it for you because guess what the exact number is for how many lbs. I've gained total for this pregnancy thus far? (25 weeks)

    14 lbs.

    No lie. See? I'm trying to do my part for you. I took exactly those 14 lbs. from you. You can thank me by doing my hair next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just it! We all have to work together to lift the weight for one another. Thank you Alli cat for understanding my heart... For getting the little things that make me; me and for just loving me. You are the inspiration to most and many especially me.

    ReplyDelete