Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's never a chore

We are extraordinary at climax. Every song is our family anthem. Often times our dancing is not rehearsed it is purged from each limb as if it is necessary for survival. Music is our bird song and dancing is our flight and freedom.

I have always had a love for dancing and music from a young age. You could catch me choreographing dance moves in my room with friends. I lived to dance but never had the opportunity to be a part of a professional group. After I had Jaxson I felt I should join a dance team or get some training. I was worried that I would get older and never live my dream. You are never to old to dance. My dance group was made up of girls ranging in age from 6 to 16. Can you imagine me and this young girl group as a team. ha ha ha. I belly laugh thinking about it but nobody could take my love from me. The one thing that kept me going is our dance teacher she was well over 65 but her heart was 21. I admired her enthusiasm and her skill she made me push further. Never was I allowed to mutter the word I can't because she would be on her way to show me how it was done.

When my nieces were young they spent a lot of time with me. They were my Ginnie Pigs. We had so much fun dancing and if you ask them what their memories are of me they will say making up dance routines. I started my boys young also. If the music was on I was moving. Dance, dance, dance I would tell them. Jaxson gets better everyday we had to break him of his stiff like coordination. Now he is practically tearing it up like John Travolta. Shakur oh wow! this boy is a natural and can move to anything. He makes body parts move that you didn't even know a 6 year old had. He really should be on Broadway or some professional setting because it just come so natural to him. This really makes me happy that my boys share a same love or passion with me. It makes us unique and fun and it really makes for living here together a joy.

Saturday I worked with the boys on doing chores around the house. They are getting older and so I felt it was time to add another chore to the list. I gave them instructions on how to clean our small down stairs bathroom. It was fun showing them how I use to clean as a child. I feel if you show joy for the things you do your children will carry on the same joy and or enthusiasm. I wanted to share a day in the life of our family. I am blessed to have 2 boys with a love for life and a love for me. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment