Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pat your head and rub your belly!





I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
–Bill Cosby

Does this affect me in any way?

Yes it does.

In a big way!

It stops me. It limits me. I don’t do things because of it!

Sometimes I hesitate, or don’t do something because I am not sure of how somebody else will receive it. I wonder, what will somebody think of me. Is this good enough for them?

Is it good enough for me?!

That should be the question I ask myself. If I like it, that’s a good enough reason for doing it.

Try to please yourself. To like yourself. To have faith in yourself.

When I start thinking about others and their reaction to what I do, that limits me, that puts pressure on me that I have to overcome.I know. I should be stronger. But sometimes I am not. Or sometimes I give in to that “external” influence. And that’s what’s wrong with trying to please everybody.

Trying to please everybody might stop you from doing anything!

So what’s better?

If something that you do pleases yourself, then that should be enough.

I understand this has been my weakness and struggle and has kept me from truly living. So mark my words I will soon master this. Not only will I choose that which makes me happy but I will choose that which makes my Lord happy. With that being said, I imagine I will find peace and revelation.


No comments:

Post a Comment