Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I AM....


As I sit here and contemplate life I feel grateful to have this down time to reflect. Reflection and meditation is essential for me. I think sometimes we all need time to slow down and catch up with our personal and spiritual life. There is nothing I love more than being a mother. I am loving every growing and learning moment with my children. I also love feeling like I have grown as a parent. I spent a lot of years frustrated and yelling. I feel that as I have grown spiritually I find it easier to teach and approach each situation with a calm and loving approach. I feel A stronger personal faith in Jesus Christ will prepare your children for the challenges they will most surely face. I think often times we feel our children aren't listening when we speak. which is mostly true. The thing I have learned with my boys mostly Shakur he is watching my every move. Our example will impress and influence our children far more than our words.

As parents we prove to be in control and or superior to our children. This role serves as a threat and a challenge for children. There are those children who might respect your status or role as a parent and then there are those who challenge you as a parent. This is where you become frustrated and or creative. With my 2 boys I get the opportunity to experience both. I have found that giving my boys a title or role to play within our family gives them the opportunity to focus and embrace their strengths. We each share our weaknesses and then talk about how we can depend on the other who has the strength to help us through. This lesson has been so important for me because I spent many years thinking I had to do it on my own. I am finding you can still be appreciated in life even if you share the responsibility. It is so important for us to understand our role or to have a purpose so that we have a strong focus and direction.


Throughout your life on earth, seek diligently to fulfill the fundamental purposes of this life
. While you may not have yet reached that ideal, do all you can through obedience and faith in the Lord to consistently draw as close to it as you are able. Let nothing dissuade you from that objective. If it requires fundamental changes in your personal life, make them. *Richard G. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment